WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
With more than thirty-four years of distinction in Architecture, Interior Design and Urban Design, MCROBIE Architects + Interior Designers Inc. is an award-winning practice located in downtown Ottawa, Ontario. Our work covers a broad range of sectors including commercial, institutional, retail, transit, single-family residential, multi-unit residential and light industrial.
MCROBIE offers an engaging and stimulating work environment where everyone has an opportunity to contribute to projects of all sizes, see projects through from design concept to completion and to enhance professional skills.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
JUNIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
- Graduate of an accredited interior design program.
- 1 – 3 years’ office experience on commercial interiors projects.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and SketchUp.
- Excellent graphic presentation skills.
- Knowledge of furniture systems is an asset.
- Assist in the development of creative and functional solutions to our clients’ needs.
- Assist in the design and execution of projects in all phases (proposal, bidding, construction administration, closeout).
- Participate in the development of Concept Design, Schematic Design and Final Design packages and presentations.
- Assist with coordination of projects in order to complete on time and budget.
- Assist in selection of materials and preparation of finishes specifications.
- Review and coordinate contactor submittals (shop drawings and samples).
- Participate in field review of projects under construction.
- Professional development and career advancement are strongly supported.
MCROBIE Architects + Interior Designers is an inclusive workplace, we have a diverse team with complimentary skills at all levels.
At MCROBIE Architects + Interior Designers we believe that professional development and career advancement are keys to our success as a firm. We provide strong support to intern architects, interior designers and technologists to assist them in the process of achieving their OAA, ARIDO registration or license.
In addition to competitive salaries we offer generous vacation and sick leave allowances and flexible hours to accommodate your particular needs including work form home options.
We offer a complete health benefits package, which includes a subsidy for any monthly fitness membership.
DESIGN YOUR CAREER:
If our approach speaks to you, let’s have a conversation about how you might fit into our organization! Please send your resume and electronic portfolio to the attention of Jill Trower, Vice President, at email@example.com.